Highest Quality Facilities
Ashmole Academy Trust offers excellent educational facilities. We are situated on a 28 acre site in North London.
Within Ashmole Academy are four Main Buildings and two Modular Buildings.
Ashmole Academy takes advantage of a £14 million building programme completed in 2004.
Within the new building are:
The Main Building:
- 35 standard classrooms.
- 8 IT suites.
- 4 fully equipped Art rooms.
- 12 Science laboratories with four having fume cupboards.
- A training suite which has the capability to record lessons for staff and students for professional development.
- A large bright Assembly Hall with a purpose built stage with full Audio and Visual service with capacity to seat 600.
- A fully equipped Sports Hall fully marked for badminton, netball, tennis, basketball, indoor football and indoor cricket.
- The Gymnasium is fully equipped with climbing apparatus and badminton court markings. Plus a selection of general sports equipment which includes gymnastic equipment.
- A 5* hygiene rated Refectory which serves fresh fruit and vegetables with food being freshly prepared daily. The Refectory can seat up to 150 students in one sitting.
- All classrooms have Interactive White Boards.
The Technology Building:
The building is designed to cater for Product Design, Graphics, Textiles and Food and Catering, within the building there are:
- One workshop fully equipped.
- One Textiles workshop.
- One Food Catering kitchen.
- 2 x multifunctional workshops with full IT facilities
- 3 x IT suites.
- One standard classroom.
The Performing Arts Building:
The Performing Arts centre was refurbished in 2005. Within the building there is:
- One large drama studio fully equipped with Audio and Visual equipment connected to a separate recording studio.
- 4 practice rooms, two of which are connected to the recording studio.
- 2 music classrooms.
- 2 multipurpose classrooms.
- 1 music IT suite with Macs
- 1 professional recording studio.
The Sixth Form Centre:
In 2014 a state of the art Sixth Form Centre was opened which is complete with a modern social learning area and a high tech study centre with the latest computer and tablet technology. The building was constructed over two floors with the ground floor designed as a social area and for group work with Starbucks coffee shop for use for sixth form students.
Sixth Form students also have the opportunity to purchase iPads through a scheme to assist their research and learning. Lower down the school all students in Years 7 and 8 receive an e-reader and a protective case. The e-reader contains a selection of books selected for their target reading level (low, mid or high). These books are designed to appeal to students and offer a level of challenge. Also included are literacy guides based on key grammatical rules, extended writing guides to support writing, numeracy guides and key words lists for every subject.
- One Multi Games Area which is a tarmacadam surface incorporating three community sized netball courts. During the tennis season this area is used as four tennis courts.
- A flood lit, sand based Astro turf which serves as an international size hockey and full size football pitch.
- Two full size grass football pitches for players aged 15 plus, one 9 a side for players aged 11 – 12 and under and one 7 a side mini pitch for players aged 9 and under.
Facilities for disabled students:
Ashmole Academy and all buildings are fully DDA compliant with disabled access to all areas
In addition, the school site is monitored by CCTV, both internally and externally. There are secure access points installed throughout the both buildings making the site safe and a secure facility for students to learn.